Friday, February 26, 2010

Summing Spirituality

Spirituality made simple is to know God, to be intimate with Him, His words, His Son, His Holy Spirit. You are complete in Him for He is your everything. "Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord, and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart." Jeremiah 24:7 (NKJV).

God wants to return us to the original state of our relationship with Him where there is no shame. Adam and Eve were naked but were not ashamed because there was no sin in them. With sin came shame but God understood this so He sent His Son to regain that lost intimacy with us. There is nothing in us that can come before the holiness of God save for the blood of Christ. Jesus had become like our ‘cloak of righteousness’ that when God looks upon us although we are still in our fallen state, sees Jesus His Son, the whole world’s Saviour, so we can be free from anything that holds us back from returning to God. “For God did not send His Son [Jesus Christ] into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him [Jesus Christ] might be saved.” John 3:17 (NKJV) “And if anyone hears My [Jesus] words and does not believe, I [Jesus] do not judge him; for I [Jesus] did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me [Jesus], and does not receive My words, has that which judges him - the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.” John 12: 47-48 (NKJV).

No comments: